[GEM-dev] More Feature Requests posted to Source-Forge

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Fri Jan 28 02:03:23 CET 2005

On Jan 27, 2005, at 2:05 PM, B. Bogart wrote:
> * Allow gemwin frame-rate to be set via message.

I do this all the time with the 'frame $1' message.  Does this not work
for you?

> * Add blending modes supported by openGL (which ones?)
> add/multiply/chroma/luma etc...?

What modes are those?  I don't see any multiply, chroma or luma blends
in the RedBook.  I see these:

GL_
ZERO
ONE
DST_COLOR
SRC_COLOR
ONE_MINUS_DST_COLOR
ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR
SRC_ALPHA
DST_ALPHA
ONE_MINUS_DST_ALPHA
ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA
SRC_ALPHA_SATURATE
CONSTANT_COLOR
ONE_MINUS_CONSTANT_COLOR
CONSTANT_ALPHA
ONE_MINUS_CONSTANT_ALPHA

Are there some new ones or are you asking that we come up with
functions to do these blending operations?

You can probably enable any of those modes listed above using the gemGL
wrapper objects.  That's the best use for those objects: accessing
really advanced features without coding a new object.