[GEM-dev] More Feature Requests posted to Source-Forge

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Jan 28 19:27:26 CET 2005

Hey Chris,

I was just guessing as to certain "possible" blend modes since a pixelTANGO user
asked me about it. (and its one of the few things that Gem will not do that
aftereffects can (and shadows, but I'm not asking for that!).

I was not aware of "frame" is it in the gemwin help?? suprised I missed it. (duh!)

Ok so what do these blending modes actually do?

> GL_
> ZERO
> ONE
> DST_COLOR
> SRC_COLOR
> ONE_MINUS_DST_COLOR
> ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR
> SRC_ALPHA
> DST_ALPHA
> ONE_MINUS_DST_ALPHA
> ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA
> SRC_ALPHA_SATURATE
> CONSTANT_COLOR
> ONE_MINUS_CONSTANT_COLOR
> CONSTANT_ALPHA
> ONE_MINUS_CONSTANT_ALPHA

Add, subtract, multiply could be pretty useful... there are the pix_ objects for
these operations but that is less flexible (texture only) and perhaps will end
up as shaders in the future?

> You can probably enable any of those modes listed above using the gemGL
> wrapper objects.  That's the best use for those objects: accessing
> really advanced features without coding a new object.

I have still not had a chance to look at these, I'll take a look.

I just thought I'd put it on the map, but I'd much rather get support to load
alpha channels from files, and that point-in-volume test.

Thanks for taking the time to anser chris, did you see my vertex array requests
on source-forge?