[GEM-dev] Some hints for external on osx

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Feb 2 21:43:25 CET 2005

On Feb 2, 2005, at 3:32 PM, Pierre Laborde wrote:

> So as suggested Jamie, I've patched my pd from the cvs. And there is
> some progress but it's not enough. As you can compare the console log
> when pd load my external :
>
> Now :
>
> __ZNSt8ios_base4InitC1Ev
> __ZNSt8ios_base4InitD1Ev
> __ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE
> __ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE
> __ZdlPv
> __Znwm
> ___gxx_personality_v0

...sorry, guess I overlooked these...there may be a couple of things to
look for here:

1.  are you using the same version of gcc to compile both pd and gem?
2.  are you including libstdc++?  or -lobjc?
3.  did you build gem or pd with zerolink on?  if so, it won't run as a
standalone...

...so, try turning off zerolink in xcode, and possibly adding
libstdc++...

jamie