[GEM-dev] configure, linux & -DINCLUDE_GLEXT

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Feb 4 21:41:46 CET 2005

On Feb 4, 2005, at 3:00 PM, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

> Zitiere james tittle <tigital at mac.com>:
>
>> ...this is really more for IOhannes,
>>
>> ...we've been having lotsa problems with people compiling
>> GEMglBindBufferARB, with glBindProgramARB() being undeclared...this
>> should be included via GL/glext.h, which is included in GEM via
>> GemBase.h...
>>
>> ...but, GemBase.h:34 has a conditional define for INCLUDE_GLEXT, and
>> this actually turns up in two other files:  GemMan.cpp:44 and
>> GemPixUtil.h:37 and configNT.h...but I can't find where it is -D'ed?
>> Is this done in the configure process?  Is there any real reason to
>> #ifdef it out of the compile process?
>
> yes very simple: glext.h only exists on windows machines if you have
> the correct
> headers installed (e.g. nvidia's headers include glext.h, normal vc6
> does not
> ship with them)
>
> so we would need something like "configure" for windows, to check what
> is there
> and what not

...but the problems people currently seeing are occuring on linux
machines, not windows machines:  are you saying that linux doesn't have
a glext.h?  That doesn't seem likely...

...from GemBase.h:

#ifdef __APPLE__
#include <OpenGL/gl.h>
#include <OpenGL/glext.h>
#else
#include "config.h"
#include <GL/gl.h>
# ifdef INCLUDE_GLEXT
# include <GL/glext.h>
# endif
#endif // __APPLE__

...this says that if you aren't osx, go ahead and include gl.h, but
then only include glext.h if this other thing is defined...maybe that's
a good thing for windows (?), but it seems like it's crippling some
linux users:  where is this INCLUDE_GLEXT defined in the configure
process?

l8r,
jamie