[GEM-dev] Re: multiple_window: the questions begin!

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Feb 18 15:22:29 CET 2005

hello,

On Feb 18, 2005, at 7:18 AM, slimboyfatboyslim wrote:

> hi,
>
> After I've got the latest Gem.pd_darwin and working with multiple
> windows, it works perfectly but I've found that I can't play movie
> with pix_film and I can't create pix_movie, I've got the latest
> version complied on 31, Jan.
> Below is what I get in console,
> hints: border = 1
> hints: display = (null)
> hints: title = GEM
> hints: shared = 0
> hints: fsaa = 0
> GEM: Start rendering
> error: GEM: pix_movie: Couldn't open the movie file: mix8.movT (-2020)
> GEM: pix_film: Loaded file:
> /Users/slimboyfatboyslim/project/Gotland/mix8.mov with 0 frames (0x0)

...hmm, this looks like it's trying to tell us that it can't load the
movie due to there not being a context for it...unfortunately won't be
able to look at it until tommorrow :-(

...otoh, please remember that the multiple_window branch is more a
proof of concept atm:  fr'instance, I won't be using it to play live
tonight :-)  But it'll get there...

l8r,
jamie