[GEM-dev] Re: meanwhile, in gempixutil...

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 22 18:52:33 CET 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> It can depend a lot on what other colourmodel it came from, which sensors,
> and which formulas were used in correcting. I know that in PhotoShop it
> was real easy to come up with impossibly cyan/teal colours on the screen,
> and then have them print correctly on paper such that you can see that,
> really, those colours don't exist on standard CRT monitors.

I was thinking about the "Gamut Warning" message that appeared when you
were in a context where the values had to be clipped during
(paper)CMYK-to-(CRT)RGB conversion. It was long ago (only used Photoshop
3.0).

I never figured out how it did know I had a CRT, because the LCD screens
have goddamn deeper cyan/teal colours... (I smell a SNAFU)