Using chromium (was: Re: [GEM-dev] Re: [PD] multiple_window feature of Gem?)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 4 10:22:35 CEST 2005

B. Bogart wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've moved the discussion onto the gem-dev list. I think the pders have
> had enough of this discussion!

just for the records and because chromium didn't work immediately for me:

how to set up pd/Gem with chromium

1. get chromium from chromium.sf.net, and build it  (it seems to require
gmake which i don't have; just change line 65 of config/Linux.mk to
"MAKE = make -s" and go ahead)

2. set PATH & LD_LIBRARY_PATH like the docs suggest
2a export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/chromium/bin/Linux
2b export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/path/to/chromium/lib/Linux

3. IMPORTANT: somehow i additionally needed to enforce the
chromium-crfaker-lib to be loaded
3a export LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/chromium/lib/Linux/libcrfaker.so

4. IMPORTANT: to make 3. work, you have to make sure that pd is _not_
setuid "root" (since for obvious security reasons, you must not trick a
setuid programm to preload some libraries)

5. run chromium

6. have fun

probably i should add these to the FAQ (just for my brain: AviSynth
should be mentioned there too)

mfg.asdr