[GEM-dev] GEM HD

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Thu Apr 28 06:18:57 CEST 2005

On Mar 1, 2005, at 11:27 AM, vade wrote:

> BTW, we had 2 1080i DVCPro HD Streams running to 2 rects with barely a
> frame dropped, with 3D transforms and all. Very.. very impressive..

You know I just figured out that the pixel packing for DVCPRO-HD is
reversed from what we use in GEM.  That causes a Quicktime routine to
kick in which eats about 40% of my CPU here.  It's only a change to two
lines of code to get the proper format, but it would require all of the
pix_objects to be rewritten!

So looks like I may have guessed wrong back in Fall of 2002 when
picking pixel formats.  Oh damn.  This could be something CoreVideo
would sort out.

cgc