[GEM-dev] OSX building: configure & make?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue May 17 16:04:49 CEST 2005

hi IO,

On May 17, 2005, at 9:22 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> i assume you are sure you did run autconf after editing the
> configure.in ? ;-)

...um, no, didn't know about that!  But, now I have and I'm getting:

tiggity:~/puredataDev/Gem/src/gnu tigital$ autoconf
aclocal.m4:37: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
autoconf/libs.m4:134: AC_CHECK_LIB is expanded from...
aclocal.m4:37: the top level
autom4te-2.59: /sw/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 1

...so do we need to update aclocal.m4 & acinclude.m4?

> i normally spill all my configure.in with "read" to stop execution
> whenever i want to until it works....

...in case I didn't say, I'm totally unfamiliar with anything beyond
copy&paste hack code when it comes to autoconf/configure...so what
does "read" do?

> as for the frameworks, it would probably be best to stack them into
> the CHECK_LIB-functions (like openGL and mesaGL are stacked)

...sounds ok, but I think we can assume that all osx installs have
opengl, quicktime and carbon :-)

jamie