[GEM-dev] Re: [GEM-cvs] Gem/src/Gnu acinclude.m4, 1.7, 1.8 aclocal.m4, 1.11, 1.12 configure, 1.37, 1.38

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun May 22 15:39:06 CEST 2005

james tittle wrote:
> ...thanks for this!  Ok, so I can now run autoconf with no big errors
good to hear that it is working

> or warnings...but now I'll have to work on how to identify the opengl
> headers and such...plus, configure is picking up all the x11 stuff,  and
> while that might be interesting as an intellectual exercise, I  doubt
> anyone would want to run gem with x11 on osx:  unfortunately,
> configuring with "-without-x" brings up "Gem will not run without
> X"...
oh, that is hardcoded by me in the configure.in; i can easily remove it
(e.g. for Darwin)

> do you think that a "-with-osxnative" flag would be good to use  to
> disable x11 and all of the "extra" media libs (except of course  ftgl)?
no i don't like that idea.
if configure does not find (say) libmpeg3 then it will just "disable"
the feature.
on osx, i suppose configure should just find FTGL and the frameworks for
openGL, quicktime (and whatever) and generates  Makefile (and a
configDarwin.h) out of this that respects all found libs.

> ...and one other thing before I dig into this over the weekend:  it
> appears we can't do relative paths for --includedir?
>
> configure: error: expected an absolute directory name for -- includedir:
> ../../../GemLibs:../../../pd-0.38-4/src

hmm, seems to work here, but the way it is handled is ugly anyhow.
for now, you could just try to set some environment-variables before
running configure: sthg like:
#> export INCLUDES="-I../../../GemLibs -I../../../pd-0.38-4/src"
#> ./configure

this _should_ work (and the modified INCLUDES _should_ go automatically
into the generated Makefile)

mfg.adr