[GEM-dev] Re: [GEM-cvs] Gem/src/Gnu acinclude.m4, 1.7, 1.8 aclocal.m4, 1.11, 1.12 configure, 1.37, 1.38

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon May 23 17:16:37 CEST 2005

james tittle wrote:
> On May 19, 2005, at 7:41 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> ...thanks for this!  Ok, so I can now run autoconf with no big errors
> or warnings...but now I'll have to work on how to identify the opengl
> headers and such...plus, configure is picking up all the x11 stuff,  and
> while that might be interesting as an intellectual exercise, I  doubt
> anyone would want to run gem with x11 on osx:  unfortunately,
> configuring with "-without-x" brings up "Gem will not run without
> X"...do you think that a "-with-osxnative" flag would be good to use  to
> disable x11 and all of the "extra" media libs (except of course  ftgl)?

ok, so i have removed most of the hard dependencies (namely
image-loading libraries) and made them soft (so if configure cannot find
them, they will just be skipped)

X is still a hard dependency, but only on Linux ;-) (and sooner or later
i want to get rid of that entirely)

the only remaining hard dependency should be openGL (of course);
i have added some checks for those headers on osX (but very naively)

mfg.ads.r