[GEM-dev] Re: [GEM-cvs] Gem/src/Gnu configure.in

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue May 24 06:12:31 CEST 2005

On May 23, 2005, at 11:21 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>

>> the only remaining hard dependency should be openGL (of course);
>> i have added some checks for those headers on osX (but very naively)
>>

> probably we should rather use something like this ?
> http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/ax_check_gl.html

...hmm, I guess we could, but I think just looking for the headers
like you did is ok...

...but now I've run into another problem:  pre-10.4, math.h didn't
define sinf() & friends...so we made "macosx_math.h" in GemLibs/
darwinStuff...now that it's defined on 10.4, I'm trying to
conditionally find out if sinf is in math.h...I've done this by using
a macro I found at the link you referred to above:

http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/ac_check_func_in.html

...and tried:

dnl on osx, sinf() wasn't defined pre-10.4
if test `uname -s` == Darwin;
   then
AC_CHECK_FUNC_IN(math.h, sinf, CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -DHAS_SINF",
                     INCLUDES = "$INCLUDES ../../../GemLibs/
darwinStuff")
fi

...but I haven't figured out where to put the "M4 source code"?  I
first tried to copy/paste from the webpage into acinclude.m4, but
when I run "autoconf" again, it gives this:

tiggity:~/puredataDev/Gem/src/gnu tigital$ autoconf
configure.in:611: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_FUNC_IN
       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
       See the Autoconf documentation.

any ideas?
jamie