[GEM-dev] Re: [GEM-cvs] Gem/src/Gnu configure.in

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 24 18:55:51 CEST 2005

james tittle wrote:
> blech....
>
> On May 24, 2005, at 2:21 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>

>> i guess it is like:
>> paste the code into acinclude.m4
>> run "aclocal"
>> run "autoconf"
>> run "./configure"
>

> ...btw, I figured out why I was getting a spurious "copy.o" in my /
> Manips makefile:  configure is really, really, really dumb!  In the
> finder I had duplicated "camera.cpp", which auto names the duplicated
> file to "camera copy.cpp"...configure then apparently got confused by  a
> "name with a space", which really is pathetic in this day and
> age...again, why is this considered a good build system?

this has nothing to do with autoconf.
it is just a simple script "makesource" which does "ls *.cpp >> Make.source"
so you can either blame the script or ls.

a workaround might be using something like
  ls *.cpp | sed -e 's/ /\\ /g' >> Make.source
and consider all platforms that do not have "sed" installed to be
inferior :)

mfg.a.dsr