[GEM-dev] Re: [PD] GEM Linux and video codecs

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 2 13:34:33 CEST 2005

Etienne Desautels wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> So here's my questions. I tried to compile Gem with FFMPEG support and
> it always fail in one manner or another. Or it doesn't build at all, or
> it build but when I load Gem I got this error message (undefined symbol:
> ogg_stream_init   Gem: can't load library), or everything seems OK but

hmm, are you using the CVS version of Gem ?
there are some better linking options in the CVS-version (basically it
adds the output of "ffmpeg-config --plugin-libs" which adds more
libraries than just libavcodec and libavformat)
if not, you will probably have to add these flags by hand:
"-lavformat_pic -lavcodec_pic -lvorbis -lvorbisenc -ldts_pic -la52"

> Also, what I would really prefer is to had support in Gem for LibMPEG2.
> Do you think it could be difficult to do ? Is it about creating a
> filmMPEG2.cpp and filmMPEG2.h files with the good function calls to the
> library and add the reference into the pix_filmNEW.cpp ?

correct.
if you like to add libMPEG2-support you are welcome!

> One last thing, I was not able to use FSAA. My video card is an ATI 9600
> and I'm using the binary driver with x.org. I put the lines to enable
> FSAA in my X86-config-4 file without any success. Any ideas ?

sorry, no experience with Xorg

mfg.as.dr