[GEM-dev] cvs commits done for the moment

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 2 20:48:19 CEST 2005

james tittle wrote:
> hiya,
>
> ...after this flurry of activity, I think I have everything (and then
> some...) committed toward using the configure/make build system on
great, i jsut give it a try.

> OSX:  one thing I'm not sure of is whether or not to commit my
> generated configure script, as that would be darwin specific...maybe  we
> should delete the configure script in cvs in order to force people  to
> run autoconf?  And while yr at it (looking at IOhannes), can you  go

yes, i do think that this is a good idea (but otoh, then people will
need autoconf installed on their systems...)

> ahead and delete Base/GemDag.cpp & Base/GemDagg.h?  I don't think  we've
> used those in years...

yes, there are several files that should finally vanish:
Base/GemDag, Pixes/pix_filmLinux,...

> ...so, if anyone wishes to try this out on a "not-jamie's-machine"  kind
> of computer, please do and report back any problems so I can  move on to
> other Gem things...atm, it should be noted that the  compile will
> default to the machine's osx version, as I haven't had  time to insert
> the cross-compiling stuff (and thereby support older/ newer os versions)...

do you need a cross-compiler to run an application compiled for 10.3 on
a 10.4 system ??

mfg.asdr.