[GEM-dev] Re: [PD] GEM Linux and video codecs

Etienne Desautels titi at sat.qc.ca
Fri Jun 3 05:12:18 CEST 2005

Hi IOhannes, Günter,

here is the results of my tests to have a working version of Gem with
FFMPEG support. I compile the CVS version of Gem with different
versions of FFMPEG (distro, CVS, etc..., ffmpeg-config was there) and
now I always get the same results: all is compiling fine and working
fine except that every time I try to open a movie (that works without
any problems in ffplay) in pix_film, FFMPEG is unable to open it and
return err = -2. I check in the source code of FFMPEG to find the
meaning of this error and it's an I/O error. I did a strace but it's
over my comprehension.  It look likes FFMPEG is trying to open the file
in different ways without success. Any ideas ? Do somebody have a
version of Gem with a working FFMPEG ?

Thanks

Etienne