[GEM-dev] compiling gem on win with dev-c++

Thoralf Schulze thoralf_schulze at yahoo.de
Mon Jun 6 16:52:34 CEST 2005

hi johannes,

thank you for your help.

> libjpeg should be included in the GemLibs. could you
> try with those
> http://gem.iem.at/download/GemLibs-NT-1.zip ?

this fixes the libjpeg stuff, but there is a new
problem with TextBase.cpp, seemingly related to ftgl.
I couldn't find libftgl in your package (or is it
gltt?), but the error doesn't seem to be related to a
missing file or library:

Gem/src/Base/TextBase.cpp: In member function `virtual
void TextBase::render(GemState*)':
Gem/src/Base/TextBase.cpp:66: error: 'class FTFont'
has no member named 'BBox'

Gem/src/Base/TextBase.cpp:69: error: 'class FTFont'
has no member named 'Render'

Gem/src/Base/TextBase.cpp: In member function `virtual
void TextBase::setFontSize(t_float)':
Gem/src/Base/TextBase.cpp:81: error: 'class FTFont'
has no member named 'FaceSize'

Gem/src/Base/TextBase.cpp: In member function `virtual
void TextBase::fontNameMess(const char*)':
Gem/src/Base/TextBase.cpp:128: error: 'class FTFont'
has no member named 'Depth'

If I get through with this once, I'll put up a project
file and a how-to on compiling gem-cvs on
puredata.info ...

Thank you for your help,
Thoralf.