[GEM-dev] compiling gem on win with dev-c++

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 6 18:06:40 CEST 2005

Thoralf Schulze wrote:
> hi johannes,
>
> thank you for your help.
>

>>libjpeg should be included in the GemLibs. could you
>>try with those
>>http://gem.iem.at/download/GemLibs-NT-1.zip ?
>

> this fixes the libjpeg stuff, but there is a new
> problem with TextBase.cpp, seemingly related to ftgl.
> I couldn't find libftgl in your package (or is it
> gltt?), but the error doesn't seem to be related to a
> missing file or library:

i have an uptodate GemLibs-package lying somewhere around that provides
FTGL (getting it yourself and compiling it the way Gem needs it can be a
pain in the a)

if you do not care for font rendering, you can turn it off altogether in
  Base/configNT.h
(or you could enable GLTT-support there, which is included in the old
GemLibs)

the way the sources are configured, reflects my personal setup on my
compiling machine.
in order to save you some more trouble, i can tell you, that you will
have to have a recent version of DirectShow-SDK (goto M$N) and
QuickTime-SDK (goto Apple)

> If I get through with this once, I'll put up a project
> file and a how-to on compiling gem-cvs on
> puredata.info ...

yes, that'll be great.

mfg.asd.r