[GEM-dev] coverting gem-chain render commands to pd messages?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jun 21 19:01:19 CEST 2005

B. Bogart wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I was thinking about mirroring gem-chains across machines over the
> network to sync them. Rather than having to create some system over OSC
> or xlmrpc or similar that contains all the different parameters for a
> particular chain it would be really handy to be able to have gem create
> a description string of a gem-chain.
>
> So there is an object in the gem-chain that converts all the objects in
> the gem-chain above it into a PD list. something like "rotate 90 0 0,
> translate -4 0 0, color 1 0.5 0 1, alpha" that describes the objects in
> the chain as a list. This list could then be easily transported over th

seems like you are talking about the Graphical Environment for Max (Gem
pre 1997 or something) ;-)

i am not really sure how we should handle this efficiently in both terms
of performance AND coding-time; it should be fairly easy to build a list
of objects involved into a render-chain; but it gets tough when it comes
to the data. what about pixes ?

now it's me who ist jsut thinking aloud.

> Did anyone miss my proposal for the "clear" function for gemwin? Should
> I put it in the feature requests on source-forge?

yes, seems like i missed it.
what was it again ?

mfg.asd.r