[GEM-dev] MS IDE for GEM

Thoralf Schulze thoralf_schulze at yahoo.de
Thu Jun 23 10:38:32 CEST 2005

Hi Chris,

> I'm going to be doing some work on WIndows/Intel/SSE
> for a while and
> need to know which of the MS IDEs would best suit.
> Can the freebie one
> build GEM properly or should I just go for the full
> version?

On the open source side of things, there's Dev-C++
(http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html) which is a GUI
around the MinGW and G++ ports to Win. Looking pretty
nice, I'm trying to get GEM to compile, which is quite
tricky due to M$s constant changes in their DirectX
and Platform SDKs ... But I think I'll be there in a
few days.

with kind regards,
thoralf.