[GEM-dev] "configure" missing from HEAD?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Jun 23 21:25:10 CEST 2005

On Jun 23, 2005, at 1:06 PM, B. Bogart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't see "configure" in the HEAD in my fresh cvs checkout, nor the
> CVS browser on source-forge.
>
> How do I compile Gem without ./configure?

...simple:  you have to create configure with "autoconf"...we removed
configure so you'd be forced to make a new one that behaves
correctly...this is discussed in /src/gnu/README.build, which isn't
the most obvious place (after all, there's an old README at the cvs
root)...

autoconf
./configure --with-flags-of-your-necessity
make

l8r,
jamie