[GEM-dev] clear message to gemwin

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jun 25 14:33:28 CEST 2005

Thoralf Schulze wrote:
> Hi Ben, hi list,
>

>>Anyhow I proposed a "clear" selector that could be
>>changed without
>>destroying and re-creating the gemwindow. (I hope)
>>basically a nice
>>feature for "trails" so that single-buffering is not
>>depended upon for
>>"not clearing"
>
> so this boils down to still running GEM in
> double-buffered mode, but having to manually clear the
> window if the default behaviour (totally clearing the
> gemwin after each rendering cycle) has been changed,
> right? That would emulate the single buffered mode ...
> and once again, it would be a nice feature to have.

actually this was exactly what i had in mind when i asked, whether
anybody needs single-buffer mode apart from non-deletion mode.

if we do have some feedback that allows for either normal
(doublebuffered) rendering AND rendering without clearing the last frame
(singlebuffered) AND doing something in between (motion-blur), this
would cover 80-90% of the single-buffer usage (i believe)

mf.a.sdr