[GEM-dev] Gem says quicktime ok, then disagrees with itself

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Jun 29 19:44:21 CEST 2005

Hey Guenter,

This is an interesting suggestion. I can't try it now since I'm away
from that machine.

Does it imply that ffmpeg uses the filename to check filetype? Or only
as a last resort when the magic number test fails?

So if the codec is "DV" then this quicktime is not at all involved? No
QT headers or anything? This may explain why qtinfo says the file is not
a quicktime... I'm confused why this "codec" would not require a
"container" format though... oy!

Anyhow I'll try it tomorrow.

Oh and BTW I can use ffplay to decode three DV videos at the same time,
using about 80% CPU on my new Athlon64 3200. no dropped frames visible..
pretty handy.

B.