[GEM-dev] Gem says quicktime ok, then disagrees with itself

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Jun 30 01:47:04 CEST 2005

Hey all,

Ok I renamed my dv file to dv_capture.dv and now ffplay loads it fine
without complaining and without the -f dv option.

Even with .dv in the name still Gem will not load it. I can't see any
reason for this since ffmpeg loads the file fine on its own...

Johannes, I wonder if I could help you at all with your struggles with
ffmpeg? I'm just using apt with the stuff from debian-marillat.

Anyhow I'd really like to get this resolved, since ffmpeg is clearly
able to read the file. (I think I'll be using DV a lot in the future)

Any ideas why ffmpeg would load the file but Gem not? Same messages as
before ffmpeg "unsupported" unable to load file...

I'll try dv.mov and dv.dv tomorrow. (as well as removing -Werror from
the PDP makefiles, blech!)

B.