pix_video ieee1394 on linux WAS: Re: [GEM-dev] Gem says quicktime ok, then disagrees with itself

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Jun 30 14:24:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification Chris, I had a feeling you would know the
answer.

I got some ffmpeg sample code from the net and I'll take a look to see
if that loads the file fine and go from there.

I thought I would mess around with my iBot camera today, I had to
manually create the /dev/video1394/0 device, but now coriander sees the
camera and will display the output. So the question is how do I tell
pix_video to look at it? pix_video reports both 1394 and v4l support. I
messed with "driver 0|1" and "device 0|1" but could not get anything out
of it. I find these messages really confusing, often devices and drivers
are considered the same thing.. blech. "device /dev/video1394/0" would
actually be easier...

Anyhow Once I know how I'm support to switch to "1394" mode then at
least I'll be closer. I'll post the results of my work with the ffmpeg
sample code when I have an idea...

Oh and I got the code from:

http://www.inb.uni-luebeck.de/~boehme/using_libavcodec.html

Seeya,