[GEM-dev] configure (again): call for testing....

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jul 7 13:49:59 CEST 2005

james tittle wrote:
> On Jul 6, 2005, at 11:22 AM, james tittle wrote:
>

>> ...those are just off the top of my head, will continue to poke
>> around and re-configure as I used for the /src/gnu build system...
>

> ...hmm, now I've tried:
>
> tiggity:~/puredataDev/Gem/src tigital$ ./configure --includedir=../../
> GemLibs:../../pd-0.38-4/src --with-ftgl --without-x
> configure: error: expected an absolute directory name for -- includedir:
> ../../GemLibs:../../pd-0.38-4/src
>
> ...is there any particular reason why configure needs an absolute
> directory name in this build system and not the src/gnu one?

i guess, "because the current directory is undefined"

anyhow, i noticed that i could perfectly well run a "configure"-script
on osX (don't know which version though; i guess is 10.3; how can i get
the osX-version from the command line??) that was made with autoconf on
x86-linux.

jamie, what was your problem again with using a linux-generated
configure-script ?

if there is none, i'd like to check one in, which would enable people
with the wrong version of autoconf-tools installed to compile Gem
without installing the correct version.

mfg.asd.r