[GEM-dev] configure (again): call for testing....

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Jul 7 19:08:51 CEST 2005

On Jul 7, 2005, at 7:49 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> james tittle wrote:
>
>> On Jul 6, 2005, at 11:22 AM, james tittle wrote:
>>

>>> ...those are just off the top of my head, will continue to poke
>>> around and re-configure as I used for the /src/gnu build system...
>>>
>> ...hmm, now I've tried:
>> tiggity:~/puredataDev/Gem/src tigital$ ./configure --
>> includedir=../../ GemLibs:../../pd-0.38-4/src --with-ftgl --without-x
>> configure: error: expected an absolute directory name for --
>> includedir: ../../GemLibs:../../pd-0.38-4/src
>> ...is there any particular reason why configure needs an absolute
>> directory name in this build system and not the src/gnu one?
>>

> i guess, "because the current directory is undefined"

...I thought it used to work?  Isn't there a way for configure to
know what directory it's in?  In any case, it's just a bit more
typing...

> anyhow, i noticed that i could perfectly well run a "configure"-
> script on osX (don't know which version though; i guess is 10.3;
> how can i get the osX-version from the command line??) that was
> made with autoconf on x86-linux.
>
> jamie, what was your problem again with using a linux-generated
> configure-script ?
>
> if there is none, i'd like to check one in, which would enable
> people with the wrong version of autoconf-tools installed to
> compile Gem without installing the correct version.

...I didn't have any problem using the linux-generated configure-
script:  we deleted it from cvs because we wanted to force people to
create their own so that it's as up-to-date as possible (remember, it
was very old and crusty)...

...so to just to let off, here's how I'm configuring:

./configure --includedir=/Users/tigital/puredataDev/GemLibs --with-
pd=/Users/tigital/pd-0.38-4/bin --with-ftgl --without-x --without-
ImageMagick

...and here's the current output:

Result:
   Target                 : Gem.pd_darwin
   Objects                : Base Controls Geos Manips MarkEx Nongeos
Particles Pixes openGL

Configuration:
   Compiler               : g++
   CXXFLAGS               : -g -O2 -freg-struct-return -O3 -fno-
builtin -falign-loops=16 -funroll-loops -ffast-math -faltivec
                          :
   INCLUDES               :
   DEFINES                :

   LIBS                   : -ldl -lz -lm
                          :
   LDFLAGS                : -framework QuickTime -framework Carbon -
framework AGL -framework OpenGL
                          :

   Strip                  : strip -x

   Install path           : /usr/local