[GEM-dev] fullscreen on second screen linux does not work

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Jul 15 00:16:16 CEST 2005

Hey all,

I'm experimenting with a touch-screen I have on loan. I've configured by X
server (nvidia driver) not for twinview, but for multi-head (:0.0 and
:0.1). I can open a full-screen window on 0.0 fine:

[dimen 1280 1024, fullscreen 1, create :0.0 <

But if I try and do the same on the second screen:

[dimen 1024 768, fullscreen 1, create :0.1 <

or

[dimen 1024 768, fullscreen 2, create :0.1 <

Gem only creates a normal window with a title-bar and complains:

GEM: creating gem-window on display :0.1
error: GEM: fullscreen not available on remote display

:( I don't see why the second display should be any different?

I'm looking into running no display manager on the second screen, but
using gnome it does not seem so clear how to run only on 0.0 and not on
0.1.

Any tricks ?

Thanks all!

b>