[GEM-dev] fullscreen on second screen linux does not work

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Fri Jul 15 14:50:03 CEST 2005

> well, as cyrille suggested: using no borders, an offset of 0+0 and a
> dimension of whateve should be almost as good as "fullscreen"

This is indeed how 'fullscreen' works on OSX.  Although I initially did
this to get around a change in the Apple GL implementation, it might be
worthwhile to do this for all platforms.  All the code does is ask for
the display coordinates of each attached device, number them starting
from the main display and then compute the size and position for the
window to cover that display completely.  I don't know how easy or
possible this is on Windows and Linux, but it does enable the use of
any display device and also multiple GEM instances to have a
'fullscreen' as well.

cgc