[GEM-dev] pix_record

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Wed Jul 20 03:05:35 CEST 2005

I wrote an object called pix_record today that makes Quicktime movies
on OSX.  I went ahead and checked it into the main branch.  I threw an
#ifdef __APPLE__ around everything in the .h and .cpp file so it
shouldn't mess up other platform compilations.

The object is not complete but I wanted to work on it in more than one
place so up it went.  Surprisingly, the dialog box works although it
never gets proper focus - just don't hit any of the buttons labeled
'Options...' in the compression settings and you'll be fine.  I will
hopefully have a more programmatic way to setup compression working
soon, but it's going to take some unravelling of QT innards to get
there.

Apparently only a few minor changes are needed to get this working on
Windows, but I still don't have a copy of VC++ yet, so that will have
to wait.  Anyone else who wants to give it a crack, go right ahead.  I
have no idea how Linux would handle this, but there might be a way to
cover all platforms with the same object (like pix_film, but not
pix_texture!).

cgc