Passing multi-dimentional arrays in PD? WAS: Re: {Spam?} Re: [GEM-dev] curve3d acts very very odd with lots of control points OSX+Linux)

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sun Jul 24 23:20:26 CEST 2005

Heya,

Rediscoveries always seem that much more magical! ;)

ok tabread and tabwrite have potencial. I've not tried the vertex array
stuff in some time. (maybe 6 months+ ?) Anyhow I personally find PD
tables pretty anoying, I'm sure they make a lot of sense to audio people
but I personally find them an obstical for multi-dimentional data
storage. I guess you need three arrays one for each dimention and sync
em. This is probably the very best way to deal with the problem in the
short term. I'd rather use some multi-dementional storage/access system
that is not so laiden with audio ideas. Of course I'm in the vast
minority here not even touching audio at all.

I'm very much looking forward to the shape-synth examples!!! :)

<B<