[GEM-dev] pix_record

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Tue Jul 26 22:32:49 CEST 2005

Quoting IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>:

> but to re-iterate my question (esp. to chris): would it be a big problem
> (in terms of performance: you know more about it than me) to separate
> the recorder from the snapshot into 2 objects ? it would really give
> more flexibility.

pix_record does not do glReadPixels, it only grabs images from the GemState.  I
did use pix_write as the template for pix_record which is probably the only
reason it is built from the GemBase class and not PixObj class.

pix_record is YUV only, but I will add RGB at some point.  I have to finish up
the messaging for selecting codecs and quality levels as well.

cgc

PS - I need to get that server side spam filter cranked down a notch.  the joys
of having a paranoid admin.