[GEM-dev] Gradients in GEM [pd] - possible? also: gemhead -1 with no light and plus capture experiences.

Enkidu (Xt#) rankX at web.de
Thu Aug 11 02:04:09 CEST 2005

Hello there,

I got 2+ questions and a comment:

1) can someone tell me if there is a way to texture an object with a gradient, am I missing an external or function in GEM. Of course, I could use a picture but I like the procedural way ;-)

2) When I set the gemhead to less than 0 it ignores the view changes... Cool (I like that feature) but..... I'd love to exclude the lighting also. Do you see any way to do that on a chosen gemhead (ie -1)?

Now to my experience with pix_write. As hinted (thanx to the list) I tryed to grab single pictures, then combining it to a movie. But the framerate is unacceptable (sound is eaven worse). I think my machine is fast enouth but then again, you never know. Could there be a way to export the gemwin to the firewire port (I'd love that) or can I export the whole gemwin through Network (ie netsend) to a client patch on another computer?

Thanx for helping out,

Enkidu

Enkidu @ www.Einheit7.de/Personal/Enkidu
Mr.&Mrs.T's Music @ www.Einheit7.de/Mr-T