[GEM-dev] pix_video again...

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Aug 11 16:47:23 CEST 2005

Damn, I don't have the original here.

Anyhow I got pix_video to work in gem 0.90, but ONLY by using pix_videoNEW
pix_video never textured anything no matter what I did. So I copied all
the pix_video and video* stuff into my cvs checkout to compile it (since
the makefile for gem 0.90 was not finding OpenGL on this core2 machine)
And so I have an image but...

the image is 16bpp rather than 24!!! No continuous colours, lots of ugly
banding... pix_video (remember this is 0.90) reports:

video4linux
pix_videoNEW: starting transfer
cap: name BT878 video (Hauppauge (bt878)) type 171 channels 4 maxw 768
maxh 480 minw 48 minh 32

picture: brightness 32768 depth 16 palette 3

channel 0 name Television type 1 flags 3

channel 1 name Composite1 type 2 flags 2

channel 2 name S-Video type 2 flags 2

channel 3 name Composite3 type 2 flags 2

setting to channel 1
buffer size 17039360, frames 8, offset 0 2129920

wanted format is 0x1908
setting cmcapture to 64x64	5
frame 0 0, format 5, width 64, height 64

GEM: pix_video: Opened video connection 14
vmmap 8D84BC8

So how can I make the depth 24? xawtv sees the video great in glorious
24bpp... I searched through the source and could not see where this is
set.

Thanks.

B<