[GEM-dev] osx fullscreen changes survey

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Sun Aug 14 16:47:31 CEST 2005

hello,

sorry, i forget to reply to this mail earlier.

maybe it's to late, but : I just have a 1 commment about 'esc' and
exiting fullscreen.

I know that it's frustrating to have the gemwin fullscreen without any
solution to close it. this is why i don't use gemwin, but an abstraction
   composed with gemwin and gemkeyname / select escape / destroy

yes, pressing 'esc' is standard for game to exit fullscreen mode, but it
is not standard for interactive installation (where the gem windows
should not be destroy).
i think gem is more used for interactive instalation than for game
developement...

another exemple : imagine that you press the esc key during a
performance while trying to find the F1 key. it's scarry for me to have
such feature.

i think it really would be nice if the 'esc' -> exit feature is not
coded inside gem, but inside user patch (like i curently do).

so, please : do not code the esc to exit fullscreen.

thanks
Cyrille