[GEM-dev] .... capture experiences.

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Aug 15 22:09:29 CEST 2005

Enkidu (Xt#) wrote:

> Now to my experience with pix_write. As hinted (thanx to the list) I
> tryed to grab single pictures, then combining it to a movie. But the
> framerate is unacceptable (sound is eaven worse). I think my machine is
> fast enouth but then again, you never know. Could there be a way to
one of the main problems is most likely with harddisk-access: writing
uncompressed TIFFs at a higher resolution is a pain.

> export the gemwin to the firewire port (I'd love that) or can I export
> the whole gemwin through Network (ie netsend) to a client patch on
> another computer?

both is not possible (yet ;-))
my main plans (at least for windows & linux) are to implement something
like a frameserver (w32) or a virtual video4linux-device (linux).

so external applications could hook to this.
what would be the option for osX i wonder ?

mfg.adr.