[GEM-dev] osx fullscreen changes survey

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue Aug 16 18:04:32 CEST 2005

On Aug 16, 2005, at 10:04 AM, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

> i think that in "fullscreen" mode you generally do _not_ want the
> menu-bar at all.
> but if you want access to the menubar you could enable it (with
> "menubar 1")
> (this is: pop up the menubar when you put the mouse-pointer to the
> top of the
> screen)
> i don't think that there is a need to turn on the menubar
> permanently when in
> fullscreen mode.
>
> so i'd think that "fullscreen 1/0" and "menubar 1/0" gives you all
> you need.

...well, as you can tell in the commit, I went with a three-way
selection...mainly because this stuff doesn't have to be done in
fullscreen mode, but can be done anytime, which gives the possibility
of having multiple applications available in "kiosk" mode (as long as
the other apps also correctly turn off the menubar and stuff)...we're
all about flexibility, right?

jamie