[GEM-dev] vertex_array

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Aug 19 16:36:41 CEST 2005

On Aug 19, 2005, at 8:26 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> yes, i am just compiling (don't get much problems); i will update the
> vertex_array branch to match the current MAIN-branch.
>
> apart from that: jamie, i noticed that in src/Vertex there is the code
> for [fragment_program] and [vertex_program].
> Should we move these to src/Manips (in HEAD) ?
>
> i mean, while [vertex_program] has some obvious relation to
> Vertex-manipulation, [fragment_program] does not;
> furthermore, even [vertex_program] is not really related with the
> other
> Vertex-stuff (e.g. the manipulation of user-defined vertex-arrays)
> but probably this view is just to technical ??

...yeh, I don't know what that's about, it's been awhile...I do
remember not knowing where to put them, so maybe Manips would be ok,
even more appropriate...together they can replace the render pipeline
(and only work on the gpu, not the cpu), so that seems like a
"Manips"-ulation...but they haven't been tested much lately, as I
have mostly fooled around with the arb_programs stuff via the opengl
wrappers...

...otoh, are you still believing we should have 4 elements for all
vertex_* components (ie. vertex, normal, color, texcoord, etc)?  If
we can get over that hump, it's probably ready to go into HEAD...

l8r,
jamie