[GEM-dev] texture coordinate differ on linux and OSX

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Aug 22 14:48:07 CEST 2005

Hey all,

I spent a good afternoon figuring out how to create the illusion of one
texture spead over multiple geos. (have not looked at the vertex thing,
since I have been unable to compile vertex's on linux yet)

So we figured it out on the laptop, all well and good, rectangular
texture (video), "mode 1" where the coords range from 0 to the size of
the texture in pixels. so we figured out all that was need to create the
geo tile, moved over the linux (the machine the installation will run
on), and bam, the pattern does not fit... :(

Looks like textures range from 0-1 even in rectangular mode on
nvidia/linux. The 0-1 coordes are "smart" in that "1" does actually
stand for the width or height and so the message of "0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0"
works to perfectly texture a 640x480 texture on on square.

Is this due to openGL implimentation? Its pretty anyoying the complex
pix_coordinate patches are not cross-platform...

Any way to make it consistant? At first it was much easier to figure it
out with 0-pixel size cordinates, but that is relative to the texture
size, whereas the way its working on linux/nvidia the texture size does
not come into play, not even the aspect ratio.. The anoyance of dipping
way into small floats to spread one texture over multiple geos is a
little ugly.. 1/320 is the width of the texture spead over 320 goes?

Ok, Thanks all for bearing with me. You'll probably hear from me again
this week.

b>