[GEM-dev] pix_video CVS broken?? (gem 0.90 build fails)

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Aug 22 14:54:10 CEST 2005

Hi Johannes,

this was happening on the FC2 machine at work. v4l was installed and
working (since I could see all 4 tuners with xawtv). The old build
system from 0.90 could not find openGL so I could not use that. The CVS
version of gem would compile fine, but pix_video would send that error
message I posted to the list device something must not be lesser than 0.
but it was 0.

So to get around it I used all the old 0.90 *video*.cpp|h files in the
cvs version. Then it built fine using the 0.90 pix_video stuff and it
worked like a charm.

So the CVS version:
On FC2, compiles fine, pix_video is non functional

0.90 version:
On FC2, will not compile (can't find openGL), pix_video IS functional.

I ordered two capture cards last week and I'll be dropping them into my
debian machine at home in the next couple days. I hope this issue was
specific to FC2 and that I will not have to merge the old pix_video
stuff into Gem CVS again...

wish me luck.

B.