[GEM-dev] Just a simple question (for a change)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 23 09:43:57 CEST 2005

B. Bogart wrote:
> So the question is:
>
> Can I apply the RGB texture using certain texture coordinates, and then
> apply an Alpha texture, using different pix_coordinate settings? Since I
> would want the alpha channel to clamp to the edges of the geo and not
> slide off as the RGB texture does...
>
> I think its impossible since the RGB and A are considered the same
> "texture".

this would require some multitexture thing (as you have stated, you
cannot give different texture-coordinates for the RGB and the A channels
of one texture)

have you tried [colorSquare] ?

> Also I realized I think the video source will be YUV anyhow...
>
> Say, does v4l provide YUV or RGB?

that depends on the capture-device
most devices will give YUV (which is by-default converted to RGBA,
unless you set the colorspace to YUV)

mfg,.a.er