[GEM-dev] pix buffer improvements

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Wed Aug 24 15:49:24 CEST 2005

Hallo!

> (i consider the pix_buffer-objects very much like the table-objects
> within pd: you don't tell [tabwrite] to load a file into a table, rather
> you send the request directly to the table (or use a specialized object))
okay, now I understand how you are thinking ;)
should I implement it to pix_buffer or have you already done it?

> the problem with your solution is, that it crashes as soon, as you
> delete the associated [pix_buffer] object.
>
> to fix this, you _have_ to do a pd_findbyclass() each and everytime you
> access the data behind it.
no, you dont have to :)
because the pixBlock is stored in the class - so I only must use
pd_findbyclass() when the index changes of course ... (and I didn't do that)
(file attached)

LG
Georg