[GEM-dev] TextBase class

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 30 09:15:29 CEST 2005

Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo again!
>
> So, I think now it's working as it should, also with the BoundingBox,
> Right,Center, ... and all that stuff ...
> (attached)
>
> Please IOhannes (or someone else) check the code+behaviour, if it is
> okay (I didn't used the text objects before - so I don't know what you
> want ...) I can put it in TextBase (and all the render functions of the
> other text objects ... ) so all the text objects could make use of it ...

great that it is done. i will have a look at it.
(although i still (as discussed offline) would prefer an external object
that does the line-breaking and...)

> An other question:
> Why is there a Render method in TextBase (with an FTGL notice) ?
> Shouldn't this method be abstract?

all right, no that i looked at the code again i can confirm that this
method should not be abstract for FTGL.

all text-objects BUT [text2d] inherit the render()-function (FTGL); so
you just looked at the wrong objects...

mfga.sdr.
IOhannes