[GEM-dev] TextBase class

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 5 10:56:13 CEST 2005

Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo!

>> (but none is "bi\nba"!)
>
> hm ... I don't really undestand that ... you mean "bi\nba" should not
> result in
> "bi
>  ba"
> ?

this is a minor issue (itüpfelreiterei): mind the spaces

"bi\nba" should result in
"bi
ba"

"bi" "\n" "ba" (one list with 3 symbols) would result in
"bi_
_ba" (replacing the spaces witrh underscores)

i don't think that automatic stripping of spaces is a good thing for a
text-render object.

> so maybe I have time to put it in TextBase this evening, please let me
> know if you think that's for nothing ...

ok, i have added your changes to the CVS, but i have kicked out the
line-breaking thing (it just breaks whereever it encounters a "\n"
(ascii 10(dec)))

mfg.a.sdr