[GEM-dev] TextBase class

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 7 16:26:33 CEST 2005

Quoting Georg Holzmann <grhPD at gmx.at>:

> Hallo!
>
> > ...while trying to link the latest cvs on osx, I get the following:
> >
> > //usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:/
> > /_inflate/
> > /_inflateEnd/
> > /_inflateInit2_/
> > /_inflateReset/
> > /collect2: ld returned 1 exit status/
> hm - don't know - if I search google with _inflate etc. I get a lot of

i did too (but i just searched for inflateReset); and i did a rgrep in my
/usr/include

and tata:

> problems with zlib or libz ... ? (don't know where this lib should be
> used in gem ...)

yes it seems to be zlib related. (zib is used by freetype and by png and and and)

jamie: do you have zlib installed (and linking against it) ??

just a funny suggestion: you could try to include the stl-headers (<string> and
<vector> _after_ all the other includes (especially the FTFont.h)
this might work (but i don't know)

mfg..adsr