[GEM-dev] multitextureTest

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Sep 7 21:51:24 CEST 2005

hey ya'll,

...a coupla things here:

1.  Iohannes had committed a "fix" to [pix_texture]'s
setUpTextureState() that caused me weirdness with non-power of two
textures (they came out looking like [pix_refraction], but it didn't
affect power of two textures...simple enuff to fix by switch back to
GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE, but it makes me wonder why (...and are...) we
correctly setting up textures to begin with?  I've since added an
assignment to the constructor that automatically sets m_textureType
to GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT if defined...

2.  attached is a patch that shows how to do multitexture (ie.  load
two movies and then have them blended by the gpu)...atm, it's just
cobbled together with the glWrappers, but it works!  I see this being
rolled into a [pix_multitexture], which could be responsible for up
to 8 textures (depending on gl implementation), and do all sorts of
blending/replacing/whatever...

...before I go much further with this, I wanted to know if anyone can
figure out why it doesn't work correctly if we try to texture each
individual film to it's own [rectangle]:  there winds up being a
flashing texture on the individual rectangles, but the final
multitexture looks fine...it's also interesting that it doesn't seem
to work with GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT, but I don't know if this is
according to spec or not?

...anyway, lemme know what ya'll think...

jamie