[GEM-dev] multitextureTest

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Sep 28 16:36:14 CEST 2005

hey,

...since IOhannes has been producing some cool things in cvs (thanks
for moving the arb_program stuff to main!), I thought I'd throw out a
recent thing I got going with multitexture:  you can load two films
which are then textured to rectangles, then a third rectangle is
textured by a blending of the two...this is cool because it's all on
the gpu!...it requires latest cvs, or at least [pix_texture] that
outputs texID's...

...so if this works for other platforms, I'll continue to wrap it up
in an object, which'll have a creation arg for how many texUnits you
want to work with (card limited)...I suppose later objects will then
allow manipulation of the texEnv() state for different blending modes...

jamie