[GEM-dev] GLTT anyone ?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Oct 3 16:16:29 CEST 2005

On Oct 3, 2005, at 9:13 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> i jsut got an email from an "upset customer" who tried to compile
> Gem on fedora and failed due to code in the GLTT-section of TextBase.

...don't these people read the service contract?!?

> now this makes me wonder, whether we really still need the GLTT
> parts lying aroung, or whether we could completely throw them out
> of the code-base.
>
> nowadays, FTGL is used on linux, osX and w32; i have no idea about
> irix (and other possible platforms)
>
> however, if there are still major distributions around that don't
> have FTGL-support it might be better to not throw it out.
>
> any comments, thoughts, ideas ??

...I figure it's fine to take it out, because if anyone really needed
it they could always be pointed to the cvs archives for the relevent
code, plus older builds would be available that supported it, I
suppose...however, seems like there should be a version bump or
something with the next release to signify a break in
compatibility...or this just me being funny about version numbering
again?

l8r,
jamie