[GEM-dev] URGENT: clock_delay Hangup??

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 6 17:54:31 CEST 2005

B. Bogart wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> What the heck is going on here, I've been getting a bunch of crashes in

wow, you are really hit the jackpot!

> Gem on this machine wen it seemed to work fine on my home macihine. Anyhow
> its a AMD semperon sarge 2.6.8 w/ nvidia drivers.
>
> This is the latest crash,
>
> Program received signal SIGHUP, Hangup.
> [Switching to Thread 1076181440 (LWP 3239)]
> 0x080a3236 in clock_delay ()
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x080a3236 in clock_delay ()
> #1  0x080e10aa in x_misc_setup ()
> #2  0x084bc240 in ?? ()
> #3  0x00000000 in ?? ()
> #4  0x40408000 in _classGEMglIndexi () from /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux
> Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

do you really use/need the openGL-wrapper classes ?
if you don't use them (e.g. no [GEMglIndexi] in your patch), you most
likely have discovered a serious memory-leak.
if you don't need them (e.g. no [GEMglIndexi] in your patch), you should
compile Gem with "--disable-openGL" (well, it won't help you though)

> Any ideas? I'm going to try and drop to Gem0.90 and see if that is any
> better. It took a huge amount of effort to make Gem texture properly and
> do video4linux, so I'm worried Gem090 is not working to work, anyhow I'm
> trying it now. If anyone has an Idea about this let me know.

which changes were required to get the textures working again.
could it be, you introduced a memory leak ?

> Could it be the nvidia driver somehow?

most of my problems went away when using 0.7676 (found in
Debian/experimental).

> I also got crashes from libGL and pix_flip before.

does it help when you remove [pix_texture] (i know that it will look dull)

mfg.ads.r