[GEM-dev] Re: GEM shader usage

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 20 08:56:55 CEST 2005

james tittle wrote:
> hi tebjan,
>
> On Oct 18, 2005, at 2:55 PM, Tebjan Halm wrote:
>
>> i know shaders only from directX hlsl like they are implemented in
>> vvvv. there you edit the shader by rightclick on a shader node in a
>> way like james want to have it.
>

> ...yeh, but instead of a rightclick on the node, I was thinking of
> sending a [edit< message to the object (keeping with "the pd way"),  and

just to stress my opinion again: i think think this should be done but
it should be done not within the shader-objects itself but rather in a
wrapper (-abstraction,...)
editing and running a program are really to different things, even
though the workflows are closely related.

but i admit that i might be a bit conservative in my views.

> that would open a text widget window, perhaps even on the canvas  like
> ben's [entry]...speaking of which, I checked that out briefly,  and it
> seems pretty nice, but I couldn't get it to print any output  on
> bang...time to look at the code...

i think i have a hacked version around, that was able to handle
linebreaks better and probably had some other bug-fixes.
time to search

mfg.a.r